How to Get Rid of Mould in 3 Steps

The ugly looking mould can cause major health problems. People who get exposed to mould have chances to experience problems like irritated eyes, stuffy nose, difficulty in breathing or wheezing and irritated skin. It is advised to eradicate mould in an early stage as it takes only 24-48 hours to grow and form a colony. Alongside, health problems it also creates structural issues and decreases the value of your property.

Causes of mould

The major reason for mould occurrence is higher humidity and lack of ventilation because of tight seal around the windows and doors. Especially in the areas with a Mediterranean climate, for example, mould removal Adelaide should be made a priority. People from other parts of Australia are also well acquainted with the issue of mould.

Additionally, there are other causes of mould such as leaks in plumbing, drainage problems, leaking tanks and entry of moisture from outside the building.

Places likely to have mould

The walls and roofs of poorly ventilated rooms are most susceptible to have mould. Basement is also a common area to develop mould. Similarly, it can grow in and around shoe racks, behind furniture and in wardrobes.

Safety Comes First

Be mindful, removing mould can be harmful to the pregnant ladies, children, people with lung and heart disease and low immune system. Make sure you take all the necessary safety measures before removing mould. You should wear face mask, protective eyewear and gloves to avoid direct contact with mould spore. And if you are allergic to the mould, it is better to call in professional mould remediation experts.

There are three steps to eradicate mould beforehand;

1: Address problems

It is good to identify the cause of the mould first and then apply remedies to remove it. Foremost, start ventilating and heating building to decrease the likelihood of mould growth. Repair the tank leaks and drainage problems. And to stop moisture problem, choose appropriate paints and plaster additives. Clean your rooms and washroom weekly. Keep your food in open, dry places.

2: Clean mould from walls

  • You can apply a solution of 1 part vinegar and 3 parts of water.
  • Apply a solution of 1 part of bleach and 3 parts of water .
  • Two teaspoon of tea tree oil in two cups of water can also be applied on the affected area
  • Use Hydrogen peroxide solution as per the instruction given on label.

You can use scrub or stiff-bristled brush to rinse the affected areas. In case of large area, you should take help form mould removing experts.

3: Dry the area

Dry the vicinity properly to prevent mould return. Remove any plaster from the internal walls. Once it gets dry, you can test if there is any mould spores left in atmosphere.

 

 

Read More

Getting Rid of Black Mould

Have you seen black patches on the walls of your home? These patches are not only an eye sore but can have potentially harmful effects. Some of the problems which could arise due to the presence of black mould include:

  • The presence of black mould can cause a variety of health issues. If the black mould present in your home is toxic, it can have an adverse effect on you and your loved ones.
  • Black mould can release spores. These feed on household materials like drywalls and carpets. If these spores are inhaled or ingested, these could cause a great many health problems. It is normally fund in the damp areas of the home. Black mould originates in the bathroom her moisture is constantly present. It can also seep into the walls if there are leaking pipes in the home and easily spread to all areas of the home.
  • It can cause respiratory issues, especially in children, the elderly and pets as well. This is because children and elderly are more susceptible to harmful organisms and do not have a well-developed immune system.
  • It can lead to chronic coughing and sneezing leading to asthma.
  • These are also known to cause irritation in the eyes and irritate the mucous lining in the nose and the throat.
  • As a result of all these problems people might face fatigue and are prone to severe headaches as well.
  • In case of prolonged exposure to black mould, poisoning can also occur. This would mean continuous nausea and vomiting and sometimes bleeding from the nose and oral cavity.

Because of all these above mentioned problems, it is necessary to get rid of black mould as quickly as possible. For this you would need to call in the services for mould removal in Coffs Harbour. Keep in mind that you hire a professional service to get rid of black mould. If you have attempted to remove it on your own using over the counter solutions, you might have realised that black mould is quite stubborn and not easy to get rid of at all.

Also attempting to remove the mould on your own without using the proper equipment and protective gear can actually result in you ingesting the mould and getting sick. This is why you need professionals to do the work for you. They have the necessary equipment and safety gear to help get rid of the stubborn mould.

Hiring mould removal professionals

When hiring mould removal experts, keep in mind the following things

  • Choose someone who is reliable and has a good work ethic. Black mould has the ability to come back despite major cleaning. Get to know specialists who can ensure that it won’t return once they are done with it.
  • Get a quote for mould removal services. Choose a company which offers you guarantee on their work.

Getting rid of mould is essential if you want the good health of you and your loved ones.

Read More